Raven WakizashiRegular price $199.00 Sale price $128.90 Save $70.10
- Blade Material: 1045 carbon steel with groove.
- Overall Length: 80CM
- Blade Length(without Habaki): 49CM
- Blade Feature: Forged,Sanding polished
- Blade Thickness: 7.0mm
- Blade Width: 3.2cm
- Scabbard (Saya)Material: hard wood, lacquered
- Scabbard (Saya) Length: 52cm
- Handle (Tsuka)Material: 16cm
- Rayskin(same): Black genuine rayskin
- Ito and Sageo: polyester cord
- Blade Edge: Razor sharp
- Tsuba,Fuchi & Kashira,Habaki Material: zinc alloy
HABAKI(blade collar): is a one piece brass construction. The main point of the habaki is to make the saya tight to the blade,so it is normal if there is scratch on.
SEPPAS(spacer): Two Seppas secure the Tsuba( if the tsuba is not so tight after a long time,you can disassemble the sword and put more seppas there.
MENUKI: Alloy; there are 2 menuki ornamented on the handle,one on each side.
HANDLE: wide on the 2 ends,thin in the middle; hardwood wrapped with genuine rayskin(samegawa), synthetic silk ito,ornamented with menuki(one on each side), Fuchi&Kashira on the two ends of the handle.
SAGEO: used to tie the sword on your waist as a belt in the old time,but now we usually tie on the saya as shown on the pictures.
SAYA(scabbard): The saya (sheath) of the sword is made of hardwood, tied with Sageo on the Kurigaga (knob) of the scabbard.
BO-Hi: Bo-hi has been added to the blade in order to lighten it and provide audible feedback when swung. it is called Blood-Groove sometimes.